Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Shootout with Julie



So I was at this arts forum Mayor Sly was putting on and who do I run into, but Julie. I've known her since the plains were black with buffalo.



Exaggeration, I know. Actually I've known her since before gas stations had a third spot on their price signs for the dollar amount. Back when I was first hanging with Julie, two digits was enough to express the price of a gallon of unleaded even on the Fourth of July weekend.



Anyway, I saw her and I started shooting. She shot back. She emailed me a couple of the shots, one of me and Corinna, a couple of me with my camera. My D7000 seems like a big, even pretentiously big camera in some situations. With the 18-105mm kit lens, it dwarfs something like a Canon Rebel, let alone a pocket camera like the several PowerShots I've worn out or broke.



But Julie's D3's with I don't even know what monstrous, fast FX glass, these suckers have their own zip codes and she's got a pair of them and a belt full of batteries, lenses, and I don't know what-all. Then again, she was on the job, I was just out playing after work.

Still, I have to admit, I envied her rig. I'd even haul all that shit around on my bicycle, true story.

No comments: