Search Lobsterland

Friday, November 15, 2013

Motorcycle Museum





As I was winding my way back from Lucas, I stopped in Marquette, Kansas at the Motorcycle Museum.





I mean, it's no Deeble House, but it is an interesting stop.





Actually maybe it is on par with the Deeble House if you're into motorcycles. I've always wanted a motorcycle, but if I wanted it that badly I'd probably have found a way to own one by now. Last time I got on one, it was a friend's brand new bike and I laid it down. Not fast, just a dumb beginner's mistake on some sand, but it did a few hundred dollars in damage to the fiberglass on it, which meant a few hundred dollars damage to our friendship.





I kind of decided then that the next time I drove a motorcycle it would be my own so nobody but me could get bent out of shape over the damage I managed to inflict on it. That was over twenty years ago, and the only thing stopping me is I've been waiting around on me making a motorcycle a priority in life.





No doubt I could have picked up a nice used Shadow 600 for what I spent on my Nikon. And if I had a similar amount of money to spend on toy stuff right now, I'd be heading to Crick for a 17-55mm f2.8 zoom lens, the 50mm f1.4 prime, the 85mm f1.4, maybe even the 10.5mm fisheye. If I had crazy money, like Harley type money, there's the 800mm f5.6—that's a lens I couldn't even afford to rent.





No comments: